Sweet Mama’s chicken:
I made the marinade in a big ziplock the day ahead and then on the morning we left, I added the chicken breasts, threw it in the cooler and it was ready to go on the grill that night.
Two words: YUM OOOOO!!!
Tip: I grilled double and used the leftover in a pasta salad the next day – or you could just eat it cold like my daughter did!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and add raw chicken. This makes enough marinade for at least 10 pieces of chicken. Marinate overnight if possible. Grill to perfection.
- (The raw chicken can also be placed in a ziploc bag with the marinade and frozen as a freezer meal!) (recipe courtesy of the website bombshellbling)
Ham & Pineapple Kabobs: I pre-measured the brown sugar and soy to make the marinade easier to transport. I thought I made a ton but my family gobbled this up and left nothing but skewers on their plates! Here’s the address…
Tip: Some lady on google said that if you use fresh pineapple, you have to soak it or some reaction will happen with your ham. I know we’re not supposed to believe everything we read on the internet – but just to be safe – I used canned.